We run a full range of clinics, which we feel provides total health care for all of the family. Please ask for details of the following:
- Baby Clinic
- Cervical Smears
- Child Health Surveillance
- Family Planning
- Maternity Services
- Minor Surgery
- Podiatry (by referral only)
- Vaccination and Immunisation
- Wart clinic
The local Community Mental Health Team hold clinics at Wyke Surgery.
- Smoking cessation
- Travel Advice (by appointment only with the practice nurses, if possible 3 months prior departure).
We are excited to announce that we have recently welcomed a Physiotherapist to our clinical team. Chris is a First Contact Physiotherapist (FCP), whose role is to assess patients with soft tissue, muscle and joint pain. He can provide faster access to an expert diagnosis, advice and exercises. Where appropriate, Chris can also refer you on to hospital services, order tests and write prescriptions. Speak to our friendly receptionists to book a telephone consultation with Chris. Please click the document below for more information:
The car park at Wyke Surgery is not owned by the practice and is shared by the library, dentist and members of the public. This means, at times, the car park gets very busy. You can find 1 hour spaces opposite the practice on Portland Road. Please do not use the spaces allocated to the doctors in case they are called for an emergency.
Lanehouse and Chickerell Surgery have their own parking and there is plenty of on-street parking at both sites as well.
- Public toilets at all three sites
- Baby changing and disabled changing facilities at Wyke Regis and Lanehouse Surgeries
- All 3 surgeries are strictly non-smoking sites
- All 3 surgeries have multiple hand washing facilities
- Free NHS WiFi- we strongly discourage the use of mobile phones in our waiting rooms
Citizens Advice Bureau
Citizens Advice will be re-starting their service with us from Friday 18th June 2021. Please call reception to book a face-to-face or telephone consultation with Ann MacDonald.
Changes to Midwife Referrals
This month we are discontinuing use of the paper self-referral forms in the booking notes and all pregnant women in Dorset should be advised to use the Maternity Matters Dorset online self-referral form https://maternitymattersdorset.nhs.uk/refer/ (women genuinely unable to get online should be advised to call 01305 253315 and a member of staff can complete on their behalf)
DCHFT self-referral to be process